I'll do this in two chunks... then i can use more emojis
Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
Loving this map J. Edward. It makes me want to stare at it all day and daydream.
Thanks Tny
Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
Nice work J.
Thanks you Max
Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
Very inspiring! I have to repeat myself...your maps are Art (yes, with capital A ). I'm totally envious of that kind of skill. If i can rep. you, i will.

The only thing i'd wish for .... a higher resolution. I want to zoom in more...i want to see all the glorious detail!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, the exclamation-mark key was jammed... ).

No, seriously, beautiful map. As always.
Hehe, thank you Eilathen. Very much appreciated
Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
Oh wow, I think this is my new favourite map of yours. It's ticking all my boxes. Simply beautiful.
Thanks ChickPea It is a much softer pleasant piece.
Hopefully more like it will manifest when work slows down some.
Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
J.Edward, this is absolutely breathtaking! But then I have come to expect nothing less from you! I love the clouds, and I want to live in that castle. :-D

I also really love the color choice you made. It has a soft, fairytale feel that makes me want to write stories about the people that live here.... I could stair at this map all day long!
Thank you Storm I like softer color palettes, but just don't do them as often.
They can be very pleasant to create as well as to look at.
Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
John, I keep repeating myself (there might even be a double post lingering on DA...) but your maps are, to me, the crown jewels of this site (no offense to the others great artists that roam these pages). I love the miyazakiesque atmosphere set by the watercolors, I love the clouds that give that special magic vibe and I love your borders that are always, not only a work of art but also a worthy jewel box for the gem you bring to us.
Thanks Thomas. That is high praise indeed and very much appreciated too.
I am trying to do some variations on borders lately, so there should be some more hand drawn borders coming, when work allows me the time.