Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
We have the N.S.E.W. ground view map with gardens, walls, roads, roofs and what you would basically see from a drone or hot air balloon. The zoom is for in and out or the resolution so you can get more detail right up to practically the pixel resolution that it was mapped out to the whole city - like google maps. Then I can place down hot links. Those can be links to images or a URL. The URL can be another zoom map. So we can put in hot links on the ground level where there are man hole access hatches and link them all to the sewer zoom map. We can put in hot links at the doors to buildings to the attachment for the single map for inside that building. What I cant do is put in hot links on attachments. So all the hot links need to be on the zoomable layers of which there are going to be about 2 or 3 max (Ground, Sewer, something else). I can link the whole city zoomable map onto the Guildworld zoomable map at the point of "The Guild" in Robbies area - see earlier posts in this thread about that.

Here is a map I did of some nature reserves. If you zoom in you should get up close to the point it adds hot links to the photos.
http://www.hawkandowl-shapwick.org/A...hesMap/Map.htm
(If you go to the "wick" part of Shapwick Moor in bottom left Hawk and Owl region, there is a URL link there to their main website. So if that URL was the guilds other zoomable map then you would see the next zoomable layer there)
I think I get it You could, in theory, have an infinite number of zoomable layers by just clicking on a link to open up a district map, with individual properties linking to attachments that show the detailed plan. The composite map is built on-the-fly using the individual district maps whose positions are defined by some gridding system magic. The more zoomable maps there are the more room for errors to creep in, so keeping it simple is crucial, so the number of zoomable layers needs to be limited. Am I understanding this correctly?

If so then a complex underground labyrinth underneath Soap Distant's house (see Brentford Triangle by Robert Rankin for more information) would be well outside the scope of this project.

I am just sitting and imagining how it can all be done, and speculating more than anything, so don't really mind me