Well I’ve managed to catch up with some of the work I lost last night, but its not like it was. It’s better than before, so… happy accident!

I updated the patio pattern at the Compass Rose to look more like a compass, and I built the dark coloured buildings immediately south west of it from shaded polys (the things that I think were taxing my system last night when I was trying to make it go faster than was sensible). The pattern parts (the individual poly shapes I was using to build these houses are sitting down in the right hand corner of the picture, where I was copying and pasting them a bit like a painter’s palette. I know I should be making symbols of them, but I also want the tile texture to stay a constant size, which I can only do if I keep them as shaded polys – resizing the polys doesn’t affect the scale of the fill.

Below the shaded poly houses I pasted a small group of thatched dwellings from the CC3+ City Designer Bitmap A collection of buildings. This is the old heart of my ward that was there before the city grew up. These are period cottages and have preservation orders on them – levied by the old parish council (now the Ward Council) which has built itself some nice new posh classical design buildings to the south of that again.

The style of the buildings I intend to place on the rest of the map will continue to vary, but then, that’s what buildings do as you move across a town

### Latest WIP ###
V05.JPG

I’ve just noticed a mistake I’ll put right before the next WIP – the shadows cast by the undergrowth trees that lie on a sheet below the buildings have encroached on the compass design. Oops!