So I decided to create an asteroid pirate base. I've previously created the Thunderbird class 600 displacement ton Heavy Corsair star ship favored by space pirates. This is a secret pirate, forward operations base with docking shafts for 4 corsairs. Shaft elevators at the base of each shaft rise to the level of the open doors allowing ships to safely land, then are lowered into the shaft. Since each ship has a crew of 10, with 10 cold sleep pods capable of holding marines, each ship comfortably holds 20 pirates. Thus 4 ships is 80 pirates. The base itself is operated by a permanent staff of 40 for a total 120 (military company sized), including administration, mechanics, physicians, tavern staff, contracted attorneys, a shadow bank officer, etc. There will be multiple levels including habitat levels, warehouse/vault level, engineering, base operations etc. This is a work in progress.

Of course I'm using Xara Designer Pro x11, a vector drawing application and photo texture fills, some one-way 3D extrusions, bevels and shadows.

GP

asteroid-station.jpgasteroid-station-docking-bay.jpg