Greetings, fellow cartographers!

It's been a while! I don't think a whole lot of you would even remember me but I've been semi-active in this beautiful forum a few years ago. At some point, however, life "happened" and I didn't have much time to continue with my cartography, hence my absence. But right now I finally do have some time at hand so I thought it would be a good opportunity to dive back in and create a fun little map to get me back on track. Truth is I've become more than just a little rusty.

Alright, here goes. Since I'm a huge metal head I've come up with the idea of a heavy metal-inspired map. For those of you who don't know: The umlaut in the title is not a typo but a so-called metal umlaut. My plan is to fill the whole map with a lot of metal references, for example having countries resemble some of the major metal genres and the cities and other places named after bands or songs. I hope I don't commit copyright infringements by doing so. This is just for fun, after all, but to avoid trouble I might alter the names to the point where it's different but still recognizable (ie. Metallicania instead of Metallica). Anyhow, the landmass is obviously shaped like a guitar. For reference, this is the base picture. And since there isn't much to see yet, I'll keep the preview somewhat small. The original is 4500px by 3000px. Oh, and I work with GIMP, by the way.

But enough talk, let's get started.

This should be fun! ^^

Regards,

~~Rongar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wörld of Metal_preview.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	91891