Thread: World Map - Unnamed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So, it's been a long time as I've been caught up in work and life, but I'm getting back into this project slowly but steadily. I've made quite a bit of progress on forests before taking a look at the whole thing and thinking "I'm not sure I like this style at all."

So... now I feel as though I'm back to the drawing board. I have a view of the entire region with the forests I'd created so far and a view without forests and the rivers highlighted.

Inner Sea and Strait - Test.jpg

Inner Sea and Strait - River Test.jpg

My request for feedback/help/criticism is as follows:

1. Do the forests seem to work in your opinion(s) with the map style?
    2. Should I try the "pattern" style of drawing four or five individual trees and stamping them?
    3. Am I even placing forests in the right areas?! I've started doubting myself.
    4. A mountain question: Should I extend the ranges farther out to the east/west where they end?

I feel like I have a lot of questions because I'm at that stage in a project where you start to doubt all kinds of things. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

*NOTE*: The green color and noise is more or less for fun right now and may not make it to the finished product map.
    Last edited by Hustle; 02-23-2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Map link wasn't (isn't?) working