Thread: As yet unnamed Continent: Rivers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip As yet unnamed Continent: Rivers, seeking help

So, I'm making this map, (shocker, I know) and I'm at the stage where I want to figure out where my rivers go, how much of them I want to show, and how I want to render them. So far I've gotten a basic landmass and some mountains that I'm... mostly happy with, but I'm looking for opinions about the rivers because I so often come back to a map I previously did and think, "I don't like what I did with those rivers, it doesn't look realistic to me anymore," or similar thoughts. This won't stop that, I'm sure, but it will at least let me move on to the next step anyway.

So, the map is approximately the size of Europe, from Iberia to around Poland for scaling. The included images are a copy of the map without rivers, a sort-of topographical map (the topography is purely generated from the mountains, rather than being derived from the meeting place of mountains and ocean as would probably be better) as well as both maps with rivers on them, as a simple black line plan on the topography map, and as a basic render on the normal map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	985.0 KB 
ID:	109282   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Topographical Map.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	109281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Topographical Map w Rivers.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	109280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map w Rivers.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	109284  
    Last edited by Jallorn; 08-06-2018 at 11:53 PM.