Thread: Village & similar drawings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Village & similar drawings

A while ago i've started another thread for a large town drawing - a few days later, university started again, limiting my free time to a level on which i can not handle drawing a large town within a reasonable amount of time (and being able to draw like two houses per day would drive me crazy ). This is where the idea for this thread started - if i can't make large maps, why not just do small ones?

So i thought where i could begin, and i decided to continue where i ended last time - on my large medieval town map. There's not much in the background which is worth its own drawing, in fact there's only a tiny castle on a wooded hill ridge. This castle and its immediate surroundings however will become the first of what hopefully becomes a whole little series of maps, depicting a region around that mentioned town.

So now, let's start with the drawing finally... i'm not starting with the very beginning, but at a point where i already got a decent bit done.

1.JPG

And this will be the final extent of this drawing.

2.JPG

And to show the context as well, this is the tiny depiction of the castle in the older town drawing:

XXX.png

Other drawings will include villages, hamlets, castles, monasteries and similar stuff, maybe also one or another small town if i have enough time for that.
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 12-27-2018 at 04:14 AM.