Hello my fellow Mapmakers and welcome to a little mapfest !

Today, I’m finally allowed to share a handful of maps I did a while ago.

At the beginning of November, I was contacted by Mnémos, a French fantasy publishing company to redraw roughly twenty black and white plans and maps for the new edition of the French RPG Nephilim (late 80’s, early 90’s). The plans, (between 1/4 A4 and A4 in size) were needed on the 22nd of December … I had other commissions in the works but couldn’t pass the opportunity so, I went to work like a crazy bee. Bear in mind that these maps were drawn for the most part in 4 to 6 hours with a couple of exceptions (easily spottable) for which I lost some sleeping hours and gave more like 12 hours of dedicated work. Hopefully, the project shifted a bit. The number of maps was lowered and the deadline extended. Still, I did draw eleven maps in less than 45 days with a full time job on the side and an occasionally sick (and reluctant to not wake up five times each night) baby at home so, I’m pretty proud of myself.

The variety of plans was a real challenge but it allowed me to tackle map styles I had never done before such as top down buildings and their surroundings, floor plans and city maps.

The pace at which I did the maps makes for uneven quality but I like to think I stayed as close to the demand as I could. When I strayed from the path the publisher had set for me, it was to deliver something more ambitious so, they were pretty satisfied with the end products. Some maps show real places and taking inspiration from satellite images to rectify some of the old drawings was a nice touch. Also, it is all in French.

I hope you like them and, as always but more than ever in this case, critics are welcome.

Pack one : Maps for an adventure in Bretagne.
01- Chateau Fougères.jpg----02- Butte saint michel.jpg----03- Manoir des Templiers.jpg----04- Ploedec.jpg----05- Carnac.jpg

Pack two : Maps for an adventure in Sicily.
06- Iles Grecques.jpg----07- Krymmène.jpg----08- Eolie.jpg----09- Eolie coupe.jpg

Pack three : Maps for an adventure in the French countryside (I have to thank StefenBrand's work for the manor).
10- Village des Veilleurs.jpg----11- Souterrain.jpg----12- Domaine Saint Yliades.jpg

Pack four : Maps for and adventure in Lyon.
13- Librairie RDC.jpg----14- Librairie SS.jpg
All maps are © Thomas REY - 2019 - All rights reserved

Cheers !

Thomas