Thread: 3D illustration of a sci-fi Japanese capital

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I created a tengu floating city illustration a few months ago, but it didn't really satisfy me like I wanted - it looked more like an orbiting station in low atmosphere which wasn't what I wanted. So I got inspired to try a city attached to a rocky spire rising out of the mists and haze below. This is the tengu moon orbiting the Oni gas giant called Jigoku (which is also the Buddhist Hell). Once a healthy planet until the Oni tested weapons on the world, relegating the near surface uninhabitable with toxic gases and overly high barometric pressure levels that would kill most humanoids. At about a mile over the surface, the air is breathable and clouds of water vapor can keep things alive. So the tengu built atop the mountain spires of the world with a dozen cities for their depleted populations. Vertical farms and moisture collectors with lifting balloon over it number in the hundreds providing the food for the tengu on this moon... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tengu-moon-city.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	117744
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 09-25-2019 at 01:05 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations