Here's the latest map for the Atlas Elyden project, depicting the Growing Mountains of Mulciber. The labels on this one took an age to get done - i think its the most label-intense map I've made for the atlas. funny that its a mountain region along the northern tropic.

The atlas key/legend for the map can be found here.

More info on the region can be found here.

For more on Elyden, including high-res maps, lore and art, don't forget to check out my Patreon and website.

Once a powerful nation based around the freestone-rich Growing Mountains, the unexpected assassination in 1111 RM of its living-god Nephthalont led to decades of chaos, the pervasive religion that had grown around it shattered. Church and state splintered into opposing ideological sects that warred amongst each other over centuries of civil war that led to radicalised factions, and by 1600 - 1800 RM they had settled into dozens of different tribes, each with their own version of the cult of Nephthalont and their own suspsects for their gods’ murder.

Today, Mulciber remains an unstable region that is funded by Sarastroan arms dealers. It is dangerous to outsiders and natives alike as each of its 33 tribes maintains constant vigil of its fluxing borders. Contact between tribes is relatively uncommon beyond firefights and clashes, though those in the outer foothills trade with outsiders.

A neutral pariah caste of itinerant merchants, known as the ahhas, travel between tribes, bringing news and trade with them, helping to maintain peace. Their ancestors were once acolytes of Nephthalont and they are respected for this, despite the differing views of the tribes.

Mulciber Growing Mtns Low-res.jpg