Oï folks,

This is an A3 map I drew for a client who wanted to keep track of what she invented for a her novel, mostly places. She wanted an authentic feel, as if the map was drawn by a character from her story so, parchment, you know me She gave me those maps as reference so I was happy to go back to that warm background.

I'm not completely satisfied by the labels for which I'd have loved a more hand-written vibe but I privileged the legibility.

I'm pretty happy with the border which was inspired by John Stevenson's work (a.k.a. J.Edward), especially for the filling inside the pattern and MistyBeee's work for the markers on the border who act as a scale (500 km).

The challenge for this one was the monstrous mountain chain. At first, I had designed it thinner but the client wanted bulky so, I amped it a tiny teensy bit up and it gave the name of the map

Fun fact, that's the first time I receive a tip from a client and she was extremely generous. I often go the extra mile for the maps I draw and having it reckoned by the client was a wonderful feeling (and money doesn't hurt).

No more talking, here comes the map.

Final post.jpg
© Thomas REY - 2020 - All rights reserved

As always all critics are welcome.

Cheers !

Thomas