Hello to this great community!

I have a question for the long term professional in the field, what would be the best course of action for a beginner mapmaker, who wants to make it as a full-time fantasy cartographer? Are there any special sites other than this one to showcase and look for clients? Is it better to contact publishing houses directly, or game studios, or are there some sort of artist agents that do that sort of thing? How to do this most effectively?

I had a good start in the last half a year, and I'm putting all my time into this craft currently, as last year wasn't so kind to my old job. However, I feel like I've hit a ceiling for the time being and I can't seem to get a full-time load with this work yet. I understand it's only a start for me and I need to practice a lot more, but I'm serious about it and it would be so great to get some sort of business advice.

I would appreciate your help and experience a lot, as I absolutely love doing this, and really want to develop my style and get a chance to work on some awesome worlds in the future, while being able to sustain myself with my work. What would be the best steps?