For about twenty years now I have had a story that's been sifting around my head but have never been quite able to get it to come out on paper. It worked well as a RPG campaign that I ran for some friends over around 5+ years during and after college/university, but when trying to make it something more than just "That awesome story we played through" I always seemed to come up empty.

Flash forward to the present day and I have an amazing little 8-yr old son that I am dying to impress and I think it's about time that I finish telling that story. So, over the past few days I have been plotting out a trilogy of books that I will write for him. At the very least, if I can make a story that he one day reads to his children, or that I get to read to my grandkids, it will be a project that was 100% worth it.

But, to tell this story, I need to understand the world it is set in, so what better way than to create a map?

So this is the first post of my worldbuilding project. The Broken Kingdom and its surrounding lands where the story takes place.

The story at its heart is one of two brothers who find themselves upon opposite sides of the greatest conflict of their time. One brother chose honour and love, while the other chose duty and loyalty.

1. Lands placed
2. First water texture laid
3. First land texture laid
4. Placement of major mountain ranges

Squires WIP 1.jpg