Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
Ok, I realize I am a little late to the party on this one, but I have a couple of observations.

First, I like the horn, and I think the description of the cup should be changed to match. Whatever image we use, the description can easily be changed to match.

Second, and more importantly, I think we're over-complicating this with the cup.
  • Why does a deity have to be involved? Deities mean pantheon, and that brings up a whole other discussion that really doesn't need to be had at the moment. Why can't the cup have been created by an ancient sorcerer or druid, perhaps as a peace offering to a long-ago king?
  • Having to be in the right place at the right time to partake of the cup's offering drastically reduces the chance of any orc king (or other monstrous race) "accidentally" reaping the rewards, thus greatly reducing the threat and the scope of this adventure (assuming we're going down that road). Requiring the previous recipient of the cup's gifts to be deceased put us in that same boat; obviously we don't want the child-king to die, but we still want the threat of someone else using the cup. Obviously the child-king would have to die in order for the evil uncle to use the cup because, unless he's a king in some other land, that is the only way that Uncle would be considered a rightful heir to the kingdom. But for the orc king, there need not be such a requirement; he is already a king to his people.

I really like the imagery of an ancient druidic circle presenting presenting the horn-cup to a well respected past king. Perhaps one that has successfully defended the land, and the druids, from a monstrous invasion... and this is their way of acknowledging his reign.

There's my two cents. Take it or leave it.

-IG
That all sounds good. Stay tuned for a revised outline.