Thread: Keeper of Records

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I thinl that looks great. That sort of reference document would be absolutely perfect. It will also be a necessity when it comes to trying to flesh out the relationships between the various regions. Thanks.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I thinl that looks great. That sort of reference document would be absolutely perfect. It will also be a necessity when it comes to trying to flesh out the relationships between the various regions. Thanks.

Torq
    Glad you approve. I did plan on adding other sections as needed, such as Notable Places, Important People, and something, as you said, describing the relationships with other nearby regions.

industrygothica - I'd be willing to help with the writing/editing aspect as well. Since it seems that you've been given the nod, I'll assist you in any way that you desire. (I would probably have volunteered had I been around the past few days--was on vacation away from the internet.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
    industrygothica - I'd be willing to help with the writing/editing aspect as well. Since it seems that you've been given the nod, I'll assist you in any way that you desire. (I would probably have volunteered had I been around the past few days--was on vacation away from the internet.)
    Thanks. You've probably got more experience with this type of stuff than I do (none, basically), so any ideas you've got would be immensely helpful. Honestly, I'd like to get the other areas detailed out as above, but I think we may be at a bit of a standstill until the wiki is up, and that won't be until the World is named.

I suppose we could get them written up anyway, though the format, assuming we stick to something resembling a standard format, may change.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Check out the wiki I set up for my campaign world inprogress a while back...Its actually based on the campaign setting books from D&D 3rd Edition...

http://www.arsala.info

Yes I used the compass rose from here as a logo. But it should help to give you an idea on scope as well as possible formatting/organization for a whole setting...Although mine focuses on a specific area as opposed to the whole world...it woudl still work out...

Also check out Pyrandon's Wiki...I think its in his signature block. He does a great job with his setting through wiki.
    Fantaseum (https://www.fantaseum.com)

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

A wiki is a very flexible and great way to detail at least the text bits of a campaign setting. I presume that we will all pile into this wiki and edit it too ? The way I see it running in general is that somebody maps a bit - like each of the tile owners and then writes up about the areas on that map. Then anyone can take one one of those bits, like a fort for example, create a map for it and then write a wiki page or three about that map. Then somebody else takes a house or whatever and does the same again. The person creating the map usually has a pretty good idea about whats down there at the time he makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    A wiki is a very flexible and great way to detail at least the text bits of a campaign setting. I presume that we will all pile into this wiki and edit it too ? The way I see it running in general is that somebody maps a bit - like each of the tile owners and then writes up about the areas on that map. Then anyone can take one one of those bits, like a fort for example, create a map for it and then write a wiki page or three about that map. Then somebody else takes a house or whatever and does the same again. The person creating the map usually has a pretty good idea about whats down there at the time he makes it.
    That's about the way I see it as well. Of course that makes my job pretty much obsolete before it gets started, but hey... I'd still like to help wherever I can though.