Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
From what I understand, you are advocating a more refined mapping of influences, and then use them to adjust a general temperature rule based on latitude. Pretty much the same system as before, is this right?

As for Western Australia, I looked it up - and here's what I found: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeuwin_Current
I would say this return current is formed only in Australia because the continent doesn't block the incoming equatorial current from the Pacific, which, on top of it all, is pushed southwards by Indonesia/Borneo. West Australia is the only continental west coast without a cold current with upwelling and it is the only neighbouring a east-west through.

My logic and limited oceanography knowledge wouldn't let me predict this either, but it really makes sense (and I shall be updating my currents map accordingly )
Yes, It's probably very similar to the previous version but also different.

So I guess it make sense for Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by groovey View Post
I'm a dense person, but even I can follow what your saying in step 5, so that's an achievement for both you and me.

Interesting, will you edit the currents step then? To reflect the new toughts, or is not necessary?
I didn't knew this expression... Glad to hear it's not too complicated but it's not over yet.
I don't understand, is there something wrong with the currents?

I'm almost done with the influence/temperature part. I just need to write it properly and provide some images for each steps.

Then, it will be the precipitation part, that I've already started but I got a couple of things to sort out. The model is not too complicated, for the moment.