Thread: Puff The Magic Dragon Birthday Map

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Default Puff The Magic Dragon Birthday Map

Hi everyone,

So I know a little guy that is having a birthday soon so I though I would make him his own special map. He likes the puff the magic dragon song so I figured why not. Anyway, enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puff's Land.PNG 
Views:	211 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	83143  

Very cute! Did you draw all those creature illustrations? They're charming.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

No, Clercon drew all of the color ones. I only drew the giant see thru one on the land. The color ones are part of a symbol set for cc3+ called here be monsters. But I knew I could make that little guy a cute map with them so I just threw them together and here you have it, the land of Honnah Lee.

Cute little map! Well, as long as those monsters don't creep out the kid.. For some reason that grumpy looking one in the top left reminds of something from Doctor Seuss.

That dragon on the land is pretty good, good job!

Hope the little guy likes it.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Thanks Ravells! I like it too. I may have to use it again in the future for some other map.

Thanks Josiah VE. I doubt he'll be creeped out by them, all of them remind me of Dr Seuss books but the grumpy one in particular. I believe these are actually modelled after sea monsters that were put on real maps from the 1500's. Clercon linked to an article about old maps on his facebook page and some of these were on those old maps, so I'm sure that is what they were meant to look like.

And thanks for the compliment about the drawn dragon. My drawing is improving quite a bit. One month in and I can draw that with no tracing or drawing from a book or anything. That dragon was drawn straight from memory. I had to add something personal to the map and that fit nicely.

I'm thinking about trying to convince his mother to have him go on a treasure hunt to find his presents, and make a little scroll case for this map to be inside. Then it will be like he found treasure.

that would be so cool! I hope you make it big enough for him to frame and hang it up in his room! Or perhaps find an actual map case to put it in... get him started in the fantasy genre early!!! lol
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Yeah, I plan on making it about the size of four sheets of paper put together in a square. Not too big but bigger than just an 8 1/2 x11" sheet.