I completely remade my world this last week, added two brand new continents that I'm now going to have to find inhabitants for. I didn't like how it didn't seem to follow any real world physics. This time around I buckled down and delved into the hard science behind it all; Ocean currents, prevailing winds, tectonics, precipitation, the whole shebang. I want to get everything workable good before I start on the regional maps including cities, landmarks, roads and that stuff.

Does everything seem to be in order? I struggled a bit with the winds and I know if I screwed that up it'd screw up the precipitation map. Something about the precipitation map doesn't seem right. I followed the tutorial and planned out all the coastal winds, rain shadows, polar fronts, ect, but it seems like there are too many low precip areas.

I don't have the scale narrowed down yet but I've been basing everything off of the idea that the smaller continent is roughly the size of Greenland.
  • The planet size is between the Earth and Mars, closer to Mars.
  • Spins in the reverse direction of Earth(East to West)(Because it's easier to move a whole planet then change the location of a desert)
  • Has an axial tilt around 15* (Can be changed, I just thought it'd be something cool to add and work with.
  • The northern sea does develop sea ice, I just didn't include it.

Basic biome map:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Climate2.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	84999

Winds:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winds.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	85000