Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Arcannan Commission (WIP)

Guild Novice

Also, to give a little perspective, yes, the Doomfall Sea is a crater - millenia ago (from the current age of the map) an Eldritch being/Great Old One was pulled down to the world in an event that would become known as "The Doom". Civilizations were shattered, and the world was remade. The jungles closest to the Sea, and the Blasted Lands near to it are all twisted and monstrous - a place of Eldtritch horrors and madness. I love the crater appearance of the mountains, its awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Not much to critique, since its an outstanding piece, very well done. Only minor thing would have the two submap boxes align? and maybe not connected to the outer border?
    Thank you Snodsy!
    What do you mean by making them align?

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Beautiful work Josiah ! The river blend way better with the forests and for the labels, concerning those on land (not forest) I'd just add some ... I'd say pale yellow or orange outer glow to make them pop (you can play with opacity to get the right popping) and they'd be perfect (the dark red ones). Or just expand the one you put, it's not easy to see on the land parts.
    Thanks Thomrey!
    Perhaps if I'd seen this sooner I might have tried something. But I'm basically calling it done now. Thank you once again for all the critique!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripedDog View Post
    Wow, this has been fun to read. Hello all! Some of you here know me, I am the one who commissioned this map I have had an absolute blast working with Josiah - and am just blown away by his results. It was really, really, REALLY hard for me to chose an artist. I had so many people come forward offering to take the commission. It came down to a select few after an extensive, weeks long process. I know I spoke with Caenwyr and a few others. Tough choices all around. To see you all offering tips and critiques, and to see Josiah implementing them here has been even more encouraging. You all have a fantastic community, I am proud to be a small part of it.

Josiah and I are now going to be zooming in and doing some regional work, I can't wait to see how it goes.

Again, thank you to Josiah. Worth every $ I spent!

Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripedDog View Post
    Also, to give a little perspective, yes, the Doomfall Sea is a crater - millenia ago (from the current age of the map) an Eldritch being/Great Old One was pulled down to the world in an event that would become known as "The Doom". Civilizations were shattered, and the world was remade. The jungles closest to the Sea, and the Blasted Lands near to it are all twisted and monstrous - a place of Eldtritch horrors and madness. I love the crater appearance of the mountains, its awesome!
    Thank you so very much Tiger! It's been enormous fun working with you! And I am so pleased that you're satisfied.

Any more comments, critique and thoughts from anyone who would like to offer some? I will probably soon be posting a finished map thread, keep an eye out for that.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Excellent work on this map Josiah ! The client has always the last word and to see him be happy with the result is the best congrats you could have. Keep up this great work !

The align comments was just that the two boxes would be the same height and align top and bottom, to visually simplify it, no buggy though

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567