View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%

Thread: Guild City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I'm still sort of waiting to hear back from Robbie about a thumbnail scraper issue, but I think we are going to try to go ahead with this.
    I do still need to find out about where I am going to be housing this. My thought is to have it in the area where Guildworld is,
    but it needs a separate area so we can have a thumbnail scraper for it and that requires Robbie to move things or create a separate space.

As to the layout and the nature of the city...
    We can do it a number of different ways, depending on total number of participants.
    I tend to like more organic layouts rather than grids, but grids do allow easier additions and changes.
    I'll also add - maybe if we did a grid just right.. maybe it could work out really well. Who knows.
    We can discuss the merits and decide what people would prefer. A good discussion of people's opinions on this would be appreciated.

I also like melting pots and can easily see how many types of beings could live in a large city with many styles of architecture.
    I can also appreciate Bogie's point too. Here again, I am ok with going with the group opinion.

If a non-flat city is desired, then we would need to really plan that out well in advance.
    It's doable, but just has to be sort of planned early on I think.
    Its really good of you to work with us on this despite how busy you must be with life and the Annual Awards. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are very grateful for your help and guidance.

I would much prefer you to be the project leader here and make the final decisions, as you are already an acknowledged master in the art of city mapping - though I don't mind bouncing along in the background doing the support work for you if you would be kind enough to take up the leadership role - especially in light of the fact that you already had this idea before me
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-05-2017 at 11:28 AM.