Thread: Map 52 - Forsaken Ruins

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Derek Von Zarovich's Avatar

Map Map 52 - Forsaken Ruins

Often it is forgotten how old civilizations reigned and reached what today are just dreams. Townsfolk today don’t have the slightest idea where they are walking on. The land they plow for harvest, the valleys where they build cities and castles, all these places were once home to long forgotten peoples. Old civilizations that got to the pinnacle of advancement. Ancient elven kingdoms, dwarven dynasties, hobgoblin nomadic armies and even worse, the old giant and draconic kingdoms.

There may be even older and stranger things in the eons past. Of all these forgotten cultures, next to nothing is left. Old defaced ruins, closed temples where no one has entered before, and buried settlements that will be left undiscovered until the end of time.

This is what’s left of an old dwarven ruin. Floors and walls are built from blocks of stone, the craftsmanship is unpaired when compared to modern standards. However, most of the decorations on the walls and pillars have faded with time. It is almost impossible to discern the original meanings of them, and thus, the original purpose of this place. In reality it was a barracks with temple area, dedicated to the dwarven god of war, whose name and importance are also lost.

If interested in reading the complete article visit https://www.elventower.com/archives/1025

If you want to support my mapmaking and get HD version visit www.patreon.com/elventower
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52 Forsaken Ruins-L.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	400.8 KB 
ID:	92419  
    I'm the owner of www.elventower.com, I spend my time writing DM tips and guides for my website and drawing all kinds of maps to share them online.

I also crowdsource my work here www.patreon.com/elventower

Nice one! I would just add some slight touches of color to make the elements (doors, tombs, etc) pop out more.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Derek Von Zarovich's Avatar

I thought it looked good as it is when I finished it, but a week later I was thinking just what you said. It would have been better.
    I'm the owner of www.elventower.com, I spend my time writing DM tips and guides for my website and drawing all kinds of maps to share them online.

I also crowdsource my work here www.patreon.com/elventower