Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
Very attractive start!
Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
Nice start. The colour palette is great. Looking forward to seeing it progress!
Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
I'm not getting a sense of scale with this map, - JO -. Seems like a huge portion of a continent, but then the islands (large and small) don't quite match that and on top of it, you call it a "bay". Other than that, the colors are very nice and the area seems ripe for pirates.
Now you should have a better understanding of the scale, as I started to draw mountains... Hope the scale is right ! And as for "bay" maybe it's my poor english ? Can you tell me what was wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I like the colours too, though with my tastes I'd like to see a bit more contrast between the land and the water. Maybe darker water and paler land?

I think the scale may become more obvious when you start to add the mountains and rivers
Thanks Mouse ! The color should'nt be a problem, once I've colored the woods and mountains... It was just for the choice or "tone" (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
I like the colors, less the automated coastal waves. My two cents, I usually use those as a basis then draw over them with a lowered flow brush to get an uneven feel that works wonders.
I hear you Thomrey !
So, I've tried to draw those lines by hand... but by lack of skill, I think, it was really bad. Then, I did them automatically, but with more and more "lissé" (smoothing ?) and I found it was acceptable... Then I took a second look on the maps in which I found inspiration... None of them had coast lines (or just a few short lines), so I tried this.. I hope you find it OK !

So : no more lines, mountains, forest, rivers, lakes, some hills, the two major cities... and a lot more to go :

La baie des Voiles Noires 02.jpg