Thread: (WIP) Arch City of Nessa'Mor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here is a list of some I have downloaded over the last year, each for a hugely different maps, and most of them rejected.

Download.JPG

I end up using only about 1 in every ten, since its impossible to know exactly what font will work, and what won't. what looks nice on the font site isn't necessarily ideal for a map.

There is one here that came from a site that DanielHasenbos recommended when I asked him what font he was using in one of his maps:

http://iginomarini.com/fell/the-revival-fonts/

I like the classical flavour of that one, but I wouldn't use it in a map like Scribble Rock, for instance. I used Tolkien in that one (another font that's rapidly becoming rather over-used).

Thinking about it now - that's probably the best way to develop your own collection - by looking around and asking other cartographers what that font is in their map
    Last edited by Mouse; 05-31-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Here is a list of some I have downloaded over the last year, each for a hugely different maps, and most of them rejected.

I end up using only about 1 in every ten, since its impossible to know exactly what font will work, and what won't. what looks nice on the font site isn't necessarily ideal for a map.

There is one here that came from a site that DanielHasenbos recommended when I asked him what font he was using in one of his maps:

http://iginomarini.com/fell/the-revival-fonts/

I like the classical flavour of that one, but I wouldn't use it in a map like Scribble Rock, for instance. I used Tolkien in that one (another font that's rapidly becoming rather over-used).

Thinking about it now - that's probably the best way to develop your own collection - by looking around and asking other cartographers what that font is in their map
    Rejected?

Thank you. Hehe, every little feedback helps. Just thinking about how far I've come in the short time I've been on this site... Really thank you for taking the time. Your feedback has been really inspiring so far, to say the very least.

Have a nice day further, and goodluck with your mapping projects. (And writing? What do you write if I may be so bold to ask?)