Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
I can see the blind spot issue... I'm not entirely sure how to approach that. But I'll brainstorm about it a bit.

I am, however, quite confused about your question about the cave.
I will say this about the cave, I placed it there for PC's to discover if the think they might want to jump the gap to that area or scale the mound. And that can become a dungeon. I placed it for possibility. (So far it's just the one cave, with a possible exit at the end)
Sure, let me try to be clearer.

IF I'm a player using that map, I recognize the hole might be too small for player entry. Because of the perspective I am going to use precious minutes looking for an opening in the blind spots.

Even if the only opening is the one on top of the mound:
1) It's a hat from which the GM can pull all sorts of rabbits - I can see it's occupied due to the lit candles;
2) It's a potential hole for local superiority. Not if they have mages in a fantasy system, but if my party is outnumbered 10 to 1 by non-caster types (fantasy or otherwise), the hole eliminates their ranged attack and allows my team to gang up on anything crawling in after us.

Note that you as GM are within your rights to keep it secret till it's in play. But you as designer should have the floor developed for the GM using your battlemap in the encounter they're about to run whether available to players at start or not.