Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hey there. You can call me Chess. I come from Spain and rght now I'm pursuing translation studies- curious how I ended up there! I have always done science and I cannot really get into the socials-humanistic mindscape to save my ass. Should have stayed in marine sciences goddamit.

Map and world creation is something I have been interested in since I was pretty young though I have not dabbled in it quite that much. Funnily enough though I have a great love of fantasy maps and will attempt to use my geography and geology knowledge to them... well, suffice to say I absolutely abhorred geography through all my schooling. Abhorred it! Geology was cool enough, but good lord, geography was the bane of my existance. I suppose is studying things that are already there instead of using the tools to create new things is what was the problem for me.

Hello Chess,

and welcome to the guild!

I never liked Geography or Geology either, but knowledge from both can definitely be helpful for map creation. They are not needed though, especially for fantasy maps where you can basically just say: "A wizard did it and ran away"

Hi Chess.

Those fields can help. There are some realistic maps out there. There are maps of every kind, house maps and what not.

Play on your strengths and on what is fun!
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Default -holds door open behind me for Chess-

Quote Originally Posted by Tilby View Post
    "A wizard did it and ran away"
    that's awesome because this:
    BattleofDagorlad.PNG
    animated here

is the only plausible explanation for why this castle:
    castel-del-monte-after.jpg

doesn't look like this:
    castel-del-monte-before.jpg
    Last edited by pinky; 07-07-2017 at 11:48 AM.