Thread: Norsegard

Post Norsegard

All comments and advice appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Creativetides; 06-27-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Your map is hard to stare, since it's twisted on the side. Moreover I feel that's a shame you drew it on a printed paper sheet instead of a white one.

Anyway, the drawing presents a very cool basis the shapes of your continents and the rivers seems legit.
    Nevertheless, if you permit me to say so, some details could be improved. I listed my feelings below :

- your lake does not need the little waves you drew in (I feel it breaks the style of the water surrounding the continents), but I think that you might draw it just like you made for the sea shore;
    - the forests appears a little bit too much detailed to me, but it's just a my taste, don't worry about it;
    - your mountains are really good ! I'm sure that if you spend more time to darken the mountains more accurately it would be perfect !

My overall feeling still you could do so much better just spending more time in the details, because you've a very good map start. And keep in mind that eventually, my comments are not the ones of a professional, and are not especially objective
    Finally I'd like to see it drawn on a pure white paper sheet

Nice map! Your linework is excellent!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I love the advice and i am aware and annoyed i drew it on lined paper it was the only thing i had on hand during school hours i will definitely take your advice into account next time though

Guild Novice

I'm currently in the process of cleaning up the scan. I'll post a rough unlined version soon. Just finishing up a personal map first.

EDIT: Here it is
    Touchup.png
    Last edited by Atapari; 07-16-2017 at 01:59 PM.

I am confused here. Is this Creativetides drawing, or Atipari's drawing?

EDIT: There's a rep in it for whoever drew that lovely line work (I agree with Josiah on that point), but its really not clear from the way this thread is going which of you is working on this map, or if both of you are.
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-21-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Awesome thanks, also P.S I was the original creator

So you are both working on this map together, then?

Actually he took his own liberty to edit it by himself which I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Creativetides View Post
    I love the advice and i am aware and annoyed i drew it on lined paper it was the only thing i had on hand during school hours i will definitely take your advice into account next time though
    I didn't care about the lined paper. I love this style of map and frankly, it takes me back to my own days of drawing maps when I should have been taking notes in class.

Loved it.
    Brian