Thread: My first City Map

Map My first City Map

Hello,

is my first city map (sorry i am not a native english speaker), i know is not the best map, i see on this page really good and wounderful maps, but i am learning.

I have a question to the map pros - how much time do u need for a good map - i need so much time for this map, okay i am not a ps pro, and my method to learn is try and error.

i crafted this map in, i think, 17 hoursClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Eisingen stadt.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	100710

Great first attempt!

Did you use something to generate the map or design it all yourself? Some of the wall sections look a bit funky like the Eastern gate and the W at the top.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Great first attempt, kudos! =)

Maps take a long time to do, especially city-maps in my opinion. Don't worry on that part, that is normal. Over time -- when you have an eye on your process -- you will get faster since you know exactly what to do, how to proceed from any point where you are, and to simply know what you can do to fix whatever you don't like. My first digital maps took me ages in PS...

Continue what you do!
    Best wishes, Steffen
    Visit me on ArtStation.

This is really nice.
    I think that the colours of some of the rooftops are a bit too intense but the shape and the idea behind the city is marvellous!

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Praise

Your map reminds me of Stormwind. I think, its really good.

Congrats on completing your first city map Vahul, it's fairly clear and readable, though I think it would look more complete with labels. As Steffen mentioned city maps are notorious for being time-sucks. For one city map I once logged nearly 50 hours. But, yes, you will increase in speed with practice. Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh