Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
Agree. My main problem is F**** Windows 10, though ("Creators Fall Update" is indeed a fall for the artists... It's eating away 30 to 50 percent of my 4 Go RAM ! ). And my computer not being powerful enough. Hopefully, I'm gonna change soon for a better PC with Win10 (for a few softwares) and Linux (for all the rest).
Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
You are not alone with your rage at MS and their ridiculously pompous attitude that their precious OS is simply so important that it should be allowed to render the more modest machine pretty pointless. I am glad that one of us at least can escape to a larger machine, and only wish that I could follow suit. And I will, if I can ever afford it.
Just to share my experience. I have been building my own PCs for over 20 years. In all that time I have needed three operating systems - Windows NT, XP and 7. I (first heard in the 1990s) then found on my own that only about 1 in 3-4 windows OS is necessary or optimal.

The three Windows OS I used I never had any major problems that people that have used other windows versions like Vista or 10 I have heard about. You can usually buy OEM operating systems for only about $99 when new and you can get Windows 7 now for $20-40 iirc. I've been on Windows 7 for seven years now and never had any need to even think of upgrading to 10. I really see no point in getting 10.
I'll probably still be on Windows 7 until 2020 I am guessing. Also there are some websites that show you how to tweak all your windows settings if you don't like whatever weird defaults new updates have.