Thread: Official Guild Discord Server!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

I don't know anything more than you do about how to do that on Linux.

Meanwhile, I can't actually use my old Windows partition except totally off-line, since even though I have taken every measure to prevent Win 10 from updating without my permission, it too is eating my broadband with some new confoundedly HUGE automatic download. (They can be as large as 3GB in one go)

And this despite my having ticked the 'metered broadband' box.

I can see a day coming in the not too distant future when I only ever log onto that partition when I'm offline.

However, back to the Discord issue.

Once I'm 'back in the black' on my BB account I will reinstall Discord on my Linux partition and see if I can't find that setting

EDIT: Just to clarify - I'm talking about the drain caused by the downloaded and installed Discord app, not the webpage. The page itself seems to behave itself fine. I can use Discord through Firefox, but I can't join in any voice things. Firefox isn't supported. I'm not keen on installing an alternative browser just to solve that one problem, since with the new java control add on in Firefox I'm feeling a whole lot more secure - very very happy with Firefox
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-28-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Guild Apprentice

Firefox is a great browser, but i find chrome works best for pretty much everything (in my own opinion of course, i use both of them and enjoy both of them) As for your broadband issue, i'm not exactly sure how metered broadband works (for this reason i'm going to assume it works something like mobile data). On a windows 10 computer, i do believe there is actually an option when you're in settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi or settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet click on the name of your connection, and turn on "metered connection" Which should give you more control over your bandwidth usage for that specific connection. Windows 10 as a whole is rather bandwidth heavy and to be quite honest i can't stand it, i'm still mainly using Win7 myself. Just to clarify i don't use Win10 very often so if any of my information is incorrect please forgive me.
    Good luck Mouse!
    -P