Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nameless Rural Village

It's always great to see a new map of yours and this one is really good. To echo Tilt, I'd love to see a higher resolution map. Perhaps if you sell it through DevianrArt (I already purchased one of your map this way) or through another platform, I know I wouldn't be the only one to buy it

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Thanks for the comments ^_^

I don't really mind as much if someone uses a map for a private game. I used to even offer them for just that purpose when I started making maps. But I've been more reluctant to do even that since (a) people started to offer me moneys for my work and (b) other people started stealing them. The rudest example was when I actually found a shop on aliexpress that sells prints of a couple of older pieces. I filed a complaint with that company, but they sent some legalese gibberish back that basically meant "We don't give a fig". Now I do not really have the funds or inclination to pursue this further, so I posted links to the original pieces for a free download in their comment sections. The shop kept removing it, but every once in a while I just put the link back in there. I haven't been banned yet, and haven't received a cease and desist thingy either. Yet

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    To echo Tilt, I'd love to see a higher resolution map. Perhaps if you sell it through DevianrArt (I already purchased one of your map this way) or through another platform, I know I wouldn't be the only one to buy it
    I might put it up on rpgnow. I haven't decided yet. I see very few village maps there, which could either mean there's room for some, or that nobody wants any If I do, I'll send you a coupon in return for a review *wink-elbow-wink*

With pleasure Also, yesterday, I was looking at one of your old WIPs and Idrew a little map. I'll polish it and post it in my Inktober thread. thanks for the inspiration !

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post
    I might put it up on rpgnow. I haven't decided yet. I see very few village maps there, which could either mean there's room for some, or that nobody wants any
    I know I do quite a bit of shopping at the OBS websites, and have bought maps off of them more than a few times.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

1) I love the style and especially the autumn coloring. Beautiful!

2) Send demand letters to shops that are flagrantly infringing on your IP rights. Demand letters can be surprisingly effective and don't cost you any money. There are some decent templates available online. I'm an attorney married to an artist and it infuriates me how often companies will steal IP simply because they assume (usually correctly) that the artist won't have the resources to protect their work. I wonder if it'd be possible to set up an online network of IP attorneys who could provide free legal advice to members in various jurisdictions...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    2) Send demand letters to shops that are flagrantly infringing on your IP rights. Demand letters can be surprisingly effective and don't cost you any money. There are some decent templates available online. I'm an attorney married to an artist and it infuriates me how often companies will steal IP simply because they assume (usually correctly) that the artist won't have the resources to protect their work. I wonder if it'd be possible to set up an online network of IP attorneys who could provide free legal advice to members in various jurisdictions...
    Now that demand lettersounds like a very good idea. I'll look up some templates on the internet, I think. Google has everything, right? Thanks for the tip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12