Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rune RPG Commission - World Map (Heimfold)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    The map looks really awesome! You've done a great job translating it into something very beautiful looking.
    Oh stop it you .

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Another fantastic piece ! If I had one comment to make it's that a little variation here and there to the sea would make it less computer-y (and it's only slightly computer-y in my eye).
    Yes, I agree! I did completely create it manually though, but a certain tiling effect is of course inevitable. Also, the idea is to eventually colour all of the maps, at which point I'll replace the tiled sea surface with my typical greyish blue oceans giving the impression of shallows and unfathomable depths. I found it a little cheap-looking in greyscale, which is why I decided to play around with the tile waves instead. But yes, well noted!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

This is a top notch map! I really love the way you do the mountains and forests, and the gentle shading of the landscape gives more depth than the normal flat plain. Your rivers have so much more life than normal fantasy maps as well. I'm a big fan of how you do everything to perfection and attention to small details.
    The water pattern is not my favorite (although it really isn't bad), but that's all the critique I have.

Great work!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12