Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP: Lilvanda

I completely agree, that really is excellent work. I have to ask - did you draw it in pencil first and then the ink, or did you bravely hit the start with ink and not look back?
    "Mind is Emergent of Matter"

Beautiful work! I recently got a set of the copic pens to mess around with non-digital mapping, but this right here is a little intimidating!

This is freaking gorgeous, Wingshaw!!!

Thanks everyone for the comments and praise

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Super nice map!
    You've got a nice effect - I'm expecting you're using these ink pens up there? Because they seem better for mapping than microns... I'm wondering. if you've used both, which one would you say is best? (for mapping)
    I've only used Copic fineliners, I'm afraid. I like them a lot, though, although I have found that the tips of the finer pens (0.05 and 0.1) are a bit fragile. Most of this was drawn with 0.1 and a bit with 0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by MPG View Post
    I completely agree, that really is excellent work. I have to ask - did you draw it in pencil first and then the ink, or did you bravely hit the start with ink and not look back?
    Oh, definitely pencil first. That's probably one of the reasons it takes me so long to create each map - I'm basically drawing it twice the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Beautiful work! I recently got a set of the copic pens to mess around with non-digital mapping, but this right here is a little intimidating!
    Thanks Aristotle. That's what I like about this website: so many great cartographers that I look up to, it always inspires me to try a bit harder.

No updates right now, I'm afraid. Haven't had a chance to get it scanned yet, and, besides, I'm trying to finish off a commissioned piece right now...

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

This one is amazing! This is what I dream my own maps will be one day (not that I think that will ever happen).
    Really hope you'll post more as you work on this piece.

Wow, that is some crazy good linework, especially zoomed in you see how good! I can't wait to see this finished.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12