Thread: Tuzla Map- Phisical map.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the feedback Eilathen! Really appreciate your comment, and don't worry, I am looking for honest opinions and critics.

This has actually been my first height map s i wasn't really sure of how it would turn out, but as you said, the region on top of this one (wich is called Eandunn by the way) will be more of a plain type of map, as if has less ressources, sort of like a tundra with nordic forests and what not.
    I don't know if you meant this by the way, so if not, tell me.

I will explain properly to your other post on the other map I posted, about the world I was trying to create, but here I can tell you that my main goal is to create a full timeline of the world, from the creation of the first races and empires to a more modern (or even futuristic) time, so the story would take place over a few thousand of years. This said, I have to add that it would of course be in various books, the first one being sort of a guide of the world over all these ages (wich would be the most extense one, because it would explain from geography, history and diplomacy to the cultures and phisics of the world), and the next books of the saga, if everything goes well, would be stories within the world, either advetures of people or full scale wars between countries, with their characters and protagonists of course.

I have to decide it yet, because I'm not sure about all this, as it would be a massive project haha that's why I was looking to make a little group of people who like fantasy books and map making to help me, colaborate and even write it with me, as I would like it to be a shared project between people, so tell me if you're interested

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected joaodafi's Avatar

the map looks nice to me, and the amount of detail is not just good, but necessary considering your plans.
    Sorry any grammatical error, I'm better with Portuguese than English.

thanks Joaodafi
    what do you mean by 'the amount of detail is not just good'? hehe didn't get it sorry man.

Also, considering that even if it's a regional map it's a very large land mass, do you think the distance between colors is good or should it be smaller?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected joaodafi's Avatar

I just said that is a good amount of detail, and that you will need a very detailed map to create the scenarios that you want.

The distance between the colors seems good for me, but for me it is not a question of opinion, but rather what kind of relief is represented on the map
    Sorry any grammatical error, I'm better with Portuguese than English.

aaah okay I get it now, considering that this map is a little smaller than the USA i guess it should be very detailed as you said.

Well, for the relief of this map, as it is the main agent in the story, I want it be quite complete and to too monotonous, as a lot of battles, travels and story will happen here, so i wanted a map with a lot of mountain chains, but also with some plains and valleys (main river in the center) where agriculture and life goes on.