View Poll Results: November 2018 Challenge: Map A Story - Vote for your favorite(s)!

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Charge of Sir Arthur Bryne, by aeshnidae

16 45.71%
  • Al'Terrino, by ChickPea

6 17.14%
  • Descent, by Gidde

0 0%
  • The Continent of Ithira, by Ifrix

21 60.00%
  • The Shattering of Ixantar's Gate, by Jaxilon

6 17.14%
  • Hogsmeade, by MistyBeee

20 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: *** November 2018 Challenge: Map a Story VOTING TIME ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So to explain my voting for this one (and I still always pick three):

Mistybees was a certainty - I love village/town/city maps and this was an isometric one of a book and film series I'm familiar with. And it was so well done too. It was just superb.

Chickpea's was a struggle - I was stuck between her and Aeshnidae - but I went with Chickpea because while I loved the poetry of Aeshnidae's entry, Chickpea's map had a more fairytale feel. I dunno. It was a struggle. I would have voted for both but then I'd be breaking my three vote rule. Write a campaign setting book or something, Aeshnidae. =P

Ifrix - I've been hovering about on disco lately and I saw he was struggling with this. Which feels like a bit or a lie because the end result is really fantastic and it's a style I'd like to be able to emulate if I was any good at regional maps. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shall Teclex View Post
    A short list of entries, but I like each one of them.

With all those details from the hand drawn initial to the color of the forest in the Fey Territory, I find "The Charge of Sir Arthur Bryne" by aeshnidae a really charming map well suited for the theme of this challenge.
    Thanks, Shall Teclex! I'm glad you enjoyed the process and the end result!

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post

Chickpea's was a struggle - I was stuck between her and Aeshnidae - but I went with Chickpea because while I loved the poetry of Aeshnidae's entry, Chickpea's map had a more fairytale feel. I dunno. It was a struggle. I would have voted for both but then I'd be breaking my three vote rule. Write a campaign setting book or something, Aeshnidae. =P
    The Charge of Arthur Bryne actually serves as historical backstory for a D&D campaign that just wrapped up! Alas many of my players were often too drunk to realize that it contained helpful info. It would definitely be fun to turn it into a campaign setting pamphlet.