Thread: The Sundown Cities

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default The Sundown Cities

Well, here's my finished entry for the Feb/Mar 2019 Mega-Challenge. The WIP thread can be found HERE for those interested.

Thanks so much for everyone that gave me encouragement and advice on this!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SundownCities10.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	114178  

I love the last touches. The little illustrations, small and big vampire really add to the oveall atmosphere of the map. Well done.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Amazing entry! The colors and figures on the map (and the vampire in the water) are superb. I also like the broken border surrounding the map. Interesting touch!

A great entry Diamond, solid work as usual. My favorite parts of the map are the simple and attractive mountains and those creature illustrations.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

A cool and immersive map. I'm usually not fond of this kind of border but it works perfectly there and the damaged parts are superbly rendered. I have a special love for the "background map" itself, if it makes sense : the textures, the mountains and forests... dark and perfectly readable, very atmospheric. Good job, Diamond !

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

That one here looks really nice, from the hatching at the coast to the small illustrations. Great! A shame I can't rep you for it...

Great work Diamond! It has definitely what I love in your maps & style. Those forests and mountains are both beautiful and effective.

Really nice! I like the forest style, where it doesnt have a clearcut border, but the increased individuel trees at the borders show where the forest edge is. Probably terribly explained by me, but its great. Definitely saved for inspiration!
    Hobbyist mapmaker. Mostly battlemaps!
    With a Patreon if you want more!