Thread: Free Map Friday 2 - The Lands of Erob

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map Free Map Friday 2 - The Lands of Erob

Yay, it's the second edition of Free Map Friday. ... Wait, did I even post the first one here? If not, I'll have to remedy that asap.

Anyway, explanation: as part of my effort to build and promote my Patreon I've come up with the idea of Free Map Friday. Once or twice a month I'll post maps on my Patreon that are accessible to everyone without charge. Sort of an advert for what else you can expect in case you choose to become a supporter.

Alright, on to the map:
    Today is a bit more simple than the last time. It's a map of Europe after the onset of a new ice age. What cataclysm brought that one about? That's up to you! I've simply put a few places on the map - go ahead and fill them with life!
    Low resolution map here, free high resolution map as a .JPG file at my Patreon site: https://www.patreon.com/posts/free-map-friday-25724361

Enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post-Apo Europe 40pc.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	496.1 KB 
ID:	114562

That's pretty cool, Wired! The map and the idea you have. I like that you advertise by giving up some maps in full res, to whet peoples appetites, so to speak. Thumbs up!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

It's a very solid map and I hope it gets you more support! I'm just curious do you know how much time you put into this map?

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    That's pretty cool, Wired! The map and the idea you have. I like that you advertise by giving up some maps in full res, to whet peoples appetites, so to speak. Thumbs up!
    Thank you, Eilathen. I can't expect people to do a blind bargain, and doing these maps keeps me occupied and practiced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    It's a very solid map and I hope it gets you more support! I'm just curious do you know how much time you put into this map?
    That one was pretty short, since usually my lineart elements are more elaborate. All in all it must have been something like 10-15 hours, I'd say, which is pretty short for a colored map for me. Probably less. I'm an experienced procrastinator.

Hehe, cool map ! I'm never tired of seeing Europe tortured by imaginative minds. I spotted a couple of very cool details, like this crater in Italy and some forests that would need some exploration. Good job, Wired !

Very fine map, Wired! I really like your color choices.