Quote Originally Posted by LizardInk View Post
I have one MAJOR criticism, and that's that this map is just too good. It is offensively spectacular. Having seen it, I realize I may as well quit cartography now and go be a banana farmer instead.

HA ha ha, ok--in all seriousness, it's fantastic. And the dragons are my favorite bit.
Don't mess with me lady, you're a mistress of those little flamethrowers Thanks Jess !

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
Wow Thomas, a masterwork to be sure.

The floating island with the the transparent tower is awesome.

Cheers!

IR
Thanks Adfor I've gotta thank Moebius for the long hours of crystal study.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
That ocean texture is out of this world!
Congrats on getting this monstrosity done - it sounds like it's been quite a challenge. I hope the client has the sense to be happy, the end result is outstanding and you seem to have gone out of your way to make it so.

Don't burn yourself out by too complex commissions, yeah? Maps are great and all, but not worth dying for
Thanks Kell ! The ocean is pretty intense indeed. Funny story, at first I had a sepia ocean with very light touches of blue and the client was "meh" on the whole coloring of the map. I did this ocean without changing the other colors and he was completely satisfied. And the client IS very happy. He's been patient and I thank him for that. While I was blocked on this one, I was able to do some others so, no death risk hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
The story of the map is as epic as the map itself ! What tenacity! The result is really worth all the sweat you've poured! It's just beautiful!
Congratulations also on the addition of small details: doors, dragons, etc. It really adds something to the whole, it makes it possible to fix the eye in the reading!
Your colours are also really beautiful: well supported, vibrant!
I have nothing but praise for this map!
With maybe just one little question (the pain ** *** *** guy who just comes to bother you): the lake to the northwest seems to feed two watersheds?
Edit : my mistake ! I hadn't seen that it was two rivers, coming from the same mountain, one to the east, one to the west

To conclude, I would say that this map is, for the moment, the pinnacle of your style and that it alone shows the extent of your talent!

Congratulations!

edit : I'll have to come back for the REP... apparently, I gave you too much recently... Stop doing so much beautiful map !!!
Merci beaucoup Joël ! Having these tiny elements does help focus in this big mess indeed, thanks for noticing. I'm glad you like the colors, I feel it's more vivid than my usual. And no worries about the rep, your nice comment is all that matters

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
Congratulations on this excellent map, Thom! I'd like to say I hope you get yourself some well-earned rest after this, but I can see that you've already posted another finished map today, so I guess you just couldn't resist doing more great art

Aside from the epic scale of this map and the story of how it was done (sadly, I'm all too familiar with maps that take 12+ months, so I share your pain), I also want to just say that the drawing, colouring and textures are fabulous. I especially like the little drawings you scattered around it, and the way you presented the deserts. And that's not even mentioning the excellent compass rose...

Wingshaw
Thanks George ! I thought about you a lot with this one knowing you're familiar with long projects. Did you encounter this kind of block too ? I gave more attention to textures on this one, especially with the deserts, the metal rendering in the compass and the molten metal effect of the title, I'm happy you deem them worthy Cheers mate !