Thread: The Köppen–Geiger climate classification made simpler (I hope so)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You need to put the file names in quotes, for example:

python ./skcc.py --tempns="TEMPJULY.png" --tempnw="TEMPJANUARY.png" --precns="PRECIPJULY.png" --precnw="PRECIPJANUARY.png" --outfile="OUTPUT.png" --precprof="RAIN.txt" --tempprof="TEMPERATURE.txt"

Aside from that, there was one instance of using tab instead of spaces in the custom color profiles (which Python will surely complain about).

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    You need to put the file names in quotes, for example:

python ./skcc.py --tempns="TEMPJULY.png" --tempnw="TEMPJANUARY.png" --precns="PRECIPJULY.png" --precnw="PRECIPJANUARY.png" --outfile="OUTPUT.png" --precprof="RAIN.txt" --tempprof="TEMPERATURE.txt"

Aside from that, there was one instance of using tab instead of spaces in the custom color profiles (which Python will surely complain about).
    Okay, I changed the command line to that, I checked every color profile to delete any tab, and now I have another problem. The script doesn't detect my ocean color and keeps saying that it isn't specified in the profile: "Error: Invalid color in input data (did not match input profile): (255, 255, 255)". This was after I changed my ocean color to white because I had the same error with the blue color I had before. The color is indeed specified in the new profiles, which I'll attach again just in case.

TEMPERATURE.txt RAIN.txt

In order to correct this, I tried to use the correct_colors.py script with the following line:
    Code:
    python ./correct_colors.py input_img="TEMPJULY.png" output_img="TEMPJULY_CORRECTED.png" colors="TEMPERATURE.txt"
    And it returns the following error:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-11-07 11_46_31-Administrator_ Windows PowerShell.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	125982

The color profile IS in the directory. I haven't moved any file. I put the same arguments as in the README file. I'm sure the answer is plain and simple, but I'm afraid I can't wrap my head around it.

I'll attach my input images too, in case you need them. Thank you
    images.zip

I'm actually not sure how Azure's script handles ocean colors when reading from an input profile. Personally I just tend to write any custom colors into the script itself. You could do that as well, open "skcc.py" and replace the original defaultOceanColor (line 56) with the new one.