Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Free map assets!

Looks good , Thanks!

New to this thread? Save some time! Here's zip files containing a bunch of my assets from the first part of the thread.

Pixabay assets:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HUN...ew?usp=sharing

All the assets from my trip to my dad's acreage:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ah...ew?usp=sharing

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Artisan

Those shrub, bush thingys are awesome.

They really are, I tested them out on my most recent map. I haven't found a good way to add branches to it yet though. I really need to make a branch brush. I know how to do it, and someday, I have got to package up all these seriously useful brushes... anyway, I feel the same way so I have diversified the set.

I wanted slightly more intentional garden fill and trimmed shrubbery this time, such as one might decorate a yard with. It's all the same brush, though, it's just very flexible in its possibilities for making plantlife I find, as long as you have a tablet with the tilt and speed sensitivities. Since I expect that's not everyone, hence I am continuing to make premades with it. Also convenient for me...

rubble bush line.pngrubble bushes red.pngrubble bushes brown.pngrubble bush U.pngrubble bush U brown.pngrubble bush U red.pngrubble bush two cabbage rows.pngrubble bush two cabbage rows brown.pngrubble bush tight corner.pngrubble bush tight corner brown.pngrubble bush tight red.pngrubble bush round.pngrubble bush round brown.pngrubble bush round red.pngrubble bushes 3 red.pngrubble bush line 2.pngrubble bush line 2 brown.pngrubble bush line 2 red.pngrubble bush line brown.pngrubble bush line red.pngrubble bush l.pngrubble bush l brown.pngrubble bush l red.pngrubble bush cabbage fill.pngrubble bush cabbage fill brown.pngrubble bush cabbage fill red.pngrubble bush cabbage fill red.pngrubble bushes.pngrubblebushes2 brown.pngrubblebushes2.pngrubblebushes 4 brown.pngrubblebushes 4 red.pngrubblebush1.pngrubblebush1 red.pngrubblebush1 brown.pngrubble long bush.pngrubble long bush brown.pngrubble long bush 5.pngrubble long bush 5 brown.pngrubble long bush 5 red.pngrubblebushes 4.pngrubble bushes red.pngrubble bushes 6.pngrubble bushes 6 brown.pngrubble bushes 6 red.pngrubble bushes 5.pngrubble bushes 5 brown.pngrubble bushes 5 red.pngrubble bushes 4.pngrubble bushes 4 red.pngrubble bushes 4 brown.pngrubble bushes 3.pngrubble bushes 3 brown.png

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.

Some more stock pieces, made to use in Bogie's Pyramid Circus. Except for the cows. I just incidentally happened to make them and added them to this stock dump.

I made the canvases, easel, and curtain / curtain rods myself and am releasing them under my typical lackadaisical terms. Paint and pastels from Pixabay, as well as the art basket fill. Bogie made the baskets that I filled with art supplies and paint. Both of these sources use the same devil may care terms of use as I use, so credit or don't if you use it or modify in a map, entirely up to you, just don't resell the asset on its own. Feel free to make your own art on the canvas.

Incidental non-related cows
    cow white.pngcow.pngcow spotted.png

Art Room Supplies:

Canvases:
    artroom canvases against wall.pngcanvas on side.pngcanvas on side painted with landscape.pngcanvas on side painted with floral woman.pngcanvas on side painted with portait.png

Easels:
    easel painted with pink floral woman.pngeasel.pngeasel painted with landscape.pngeasel painted with portrait.pngeasel, empty.png

Mirror
    mirror 1.png

Curtain Rods, empty
    curtain rod dark blue.pngcurtain rod red.pngcurtain rod dark.pngcurtain rod.pngcurtain rod brass light natural.pngcurtain rod brass.png

Curtains
    dark purple curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngpurple curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngblue curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngyellow curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pnggreen curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngblack curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngsilver curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngpink curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pnggunmetal curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngwhite curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngsnake green curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pnggold curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngbrown curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pnglight blue curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngteal curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pnglime curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngred curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.pngorange curtain tiffany munro feed the multiverse.png

Filled art baskets:
    art room preset basekt.pngart room preset preset basket with paint brushes.pngartroom preset basket with scissors and craft supplies.pngartroom preset basket with pencils and canvas.png

Paints and pastels (the pencils and mortar and pestle seen in the baskets in the 'art studio preset' are earlier in this thread by the way)
    pastels.pngwatercolor paints.png

Paint pots:
    charcoal paint Basket18_bg.pngwhite paint Basket18_bg.pngneutral paint Basket18_bg.pnggreenpaintBasket18_bg.pngbluepaintBasket18_bg.pngpurplepaintBasket18_bg.pngredpaintBasket18_bg.png

Art Studio preset:
    art studio tiffany munro feed the multiverse maps.png
    Last edited by Tiana; 11-25-2020 at 09:52 AM.

I'll be honest, the cow looks like chicken haha. Fried chicken. Both barnyard animals, close enough.
    I'm sure these will be useful for people!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Artisan

Very Nice. Great Collection. Love the paint pots.

And a reminder I really need to get up in the air and take some photos of my horses. I have been wanting to do that for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    I'll be honest, the cow looks like chicken haha. Fried chicken. Both barnyard animals, close enough.
    I'm sure these will be useful for people!
    Thanks, fellow Winnipegger. I'm sure some will be useful though less likely for you, I don't think you do battlemaps? But if you do by all means help yourself.

I'll be honest I just saw it in a drone stock photo that I was using to get the burnt building top texture on Bogie's map, and recognized it was a critter, not my cow, XD so maybe it is a chicken, but given the scale I'm pretty sure it's a cow or maybe a sheep that's been sheered...

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Very Nice. Great Collection. Love the paint pots.

And a reminder I really need to get up in the air and take some photos of my horses. I have been wanting to do that for years now.
    That would be quite useful and something many people can't obtain! Try getting a cheap 'selfie drone' or a uh, selfie stick might do it?

I just couldn't find suitable pieces for an art room so I made them myself. The paint pot was easy, I just used an airbrush and drew 3 layers of color to shade the paint blobs and then retinted that color layer for each alternative color of paint. Since I masked it to the color shape it was easy to make several versions.

I also feel like there's a chronic lack of curtains to pick from, so after I made the initial one I wanted to use (blue) I just couldn't stop making minor variations on it. I didn't have the stamina to also pair that with the options for the rod coloration but eh if someone wants to use the alternative rod colors they can just stack them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Thanks, fellow Winnipegger. I'm sure some will be useful though less likely for you, I don't think you do battlemaps? But if you do by all means help yourself.

I'll be honest I just saw it in a drone stock photo that I was using to get the burnt building top texture on Bogie's map, and recognized it was a critter, not my cow, XD so maybe it is a chicken, but given the scale I'm pretty sure it's a cow or maybe a sheep that's been sheered...
    Yeah, I've never ventured into the realm of battlemaps..
    With the scale and some farm fields, definitely looks like a cow.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Yeah, I've never ventured into the realm of battlemaps..
    With the scale and some farm fields, definitely looks like a cow.
    Right, but do use it however you want LOL if that's as a piece of fried chicken, well, can't stop ya.

Battlemaps are the best way to get passive map-related income but commissioners will be generally indie or hoping you'll do it for % agreements rather than willing to drop a few hundred or more on the work. If you're in between work and you want to stir some up, make a generic scene-setting battlemap, drop your URL on it, and post it in DM-centric communities as a freebie. Once you release it, it will leave your control but it may gain eyes you couldn't have found without it, since RPG players and game masters alike may share it around, and hopefully bring you some trickle of interested traffic.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast