Thread: Exoltica, by l'Arpenteur

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I for one absolutely adore the brushwork on this. I have for a while now been trying to find a good way to achieve a heavy, sketchier look to the colours and shading while still maintaining the readability of clear linework, but this puts all of those attempts to shame. To me, good maps are first and foremost art, and this is definitely that. I really love your border elements, and the texturing is just gorgeous. The saturated pastel colours are not entirely my cup of tea, but even so I can appreciate the harmony of the palette. Man, I could stare at your linework for ages. Great stuff.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I for one absolutely adore the brushwork on this. I have for a while now been trying to find a good way to achieve a heavy, sketchier look to the colours and shading while still maintaining the readability of clear linework, but this puts all of those attempts to shame. To me, good maps are first and foremost art, and this is definitely that. I really love your border elements, and the texturing is just gorgeous. The saturated pastel colours are not entirely my cup of tea, but even so I can appreciate the harmony of the palette. Man, I could stare at your linework for ages. Great stuff.
    Thank you for the support, these words mean much to me!
    Thibaud J.B. - Astral booker of l'Arpenteur
    Cartographer and pathfinder of distant lands
    Website |Artstation Portfolio | Instragram | Reddit
    Tel: (+33)6 13 95 93 78
    Discord: l'Arpenteur#6822