Thread: Insane Asylum Grounds - WIP, feedback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually might need a little help...I kinda haphazardly plotted some contours, but I ended up NOT sticking to even gradations. I've got the colors where I want, but I'd like to smooth it and possibly erode it and turn it into a height map. Could this be something I could process with a tool from waldronate or Redrobes? Any ideas?

Plan_Grounds_Elevation.png
    Fantaseum (https://www.fantaseum.com)

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I actually might need a little help...I kinda haphazardly plotted some contours, but I ended up NOT sticking to even gradations. I've got the colors where I want, but I'd like to smooth it and possibly erode it and turn it into a height map. Could this be something I could process with a tool from waldronate or Redrobes? Any ideas?

Since it looks to be gray scale you could probably use Wilbur with some precip erosion and a bit of guasien blur. You might just as easily do a bit of pre bluring before processing it in wilbur. I could try playing with it a bit when I get home from work and give you a better idea as far as numbers go unless waldronate happens by before I get there. Not sure about Red's tools since I have never tried using them.

Hope that helps.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post

This seems like a perfect candidate for pulling into Gaea (there is a free version). This would allow you to smooth and erode with a high level of customization and it is quite easy to pick up, unlike sculpting in Blender.