Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I can just picture her seducing some unsuspecting nobleman and slowly draining him dry.
    I was just picturing her doing something like that to me...

Very nice Kimmo. Hope you find more time later on to do some more.

12rounds, your illustrations our fabulous. I really like the last one, but they are all very good. Repped!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: Liam Hobbgobble
    Race: Halfling

A hunter and a tracker, Liam is an experienced halfling ranger. Need to find anything (or anyone) in Witchlight Strand? Liam is the man to hire for the job. Except when it comes to urban environs. Liam Hobbgobble hasn't actually traveled much at all, but instead prefers the halfling lands above all. But he is adventurous enough to readily agree on tracking and scouting jobs offered to him. His tiny physique is contrasted by a hearty and frequent bellowing laughter as the man is somewhat of a walking tome of jokes and funny anecdotes. He has a joke for every occasion and a cunning ability to remember which ones he has told already in the present company so he doesn't even repeat himself.

Apart from Liam's exceptional skills as a tracker and a rabbit hunter, he has become quite famous for his luck - or skill as he himself likes to express it. He has literally dozens of stories of narrow escapes, avoided deadly traps, deflected assassin's arrows, lucky stumbling strides over covered pitfalls and the sort. If one can imagine a perilous situation, chances are good that Liam has avoided a similar peril by sheer luck. Certainly it does appear as if Liam has the favor of gods on his side, but part of the legend actually comes from the fact that Liam is very perceptive and has quite good reflexes. Certainly it helps.

Liam Hobbgobble doesn't particularly enjoy killing per se, but he does get a kick out of the thrill of hunting. He can stay on the tracks of a rabbit for hours if he so chooses, but more often than not he just gives up the chase after gaining a glimpse of his target - unless of course the kill needs to be made for reasons of survival. Liam is equally adept in tracking on the hills as he is in the forests and his services are frequently sought after by well-known and powerful individuals throughout the Withclight Strand.

### PIC ###

I did make a token of Liam, but it ended up quite bad looking so I'm not uploading it at this time.
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Cool. I bet Liam had some taunts about his name in school...

To be honest with you, Liam is not my favorite piece of work that you've done in comparison with your other pieces. His description, however, is a fabulous start at fleshing out the inhabitants of Callie's Thicket (which is quickly becoming one of my favorite areas of the Witchlight Strand).

On a side note, if you look at this thread (particularly post #19), you might find mention of yourself.

-IG

Name: Sir Alberto Goren
    Race: Human

Sir Goren has devoted his life to service Valan, one of the lesser deities that manifest themselves in Ansium. As Valan's paladin, Sir Goren has sworn to uphold many ideals that he himself can relate to. It took Sir Goren quite some time to found his true calling though, as he served in the armed forces in his youth and later found meaning in the teachings of Aldamar. Within 5 years he found himself not capable of forwarding Aldamar's cause anymore and effectively jumped to serve Valan. The reasons of why this happened remain shrouded in silence. It is certain, however, that Sir Goren fell into political disputes with several members of Aldamar's following - up and including a powerful and possibly corrupt bishop. The details of these events are not public and remain the knowledge of only the participants. Whatever happened, it rippled thru Aldamar's church as well as Valan's following and had a negative impact on the relationship of these two religious groups. It's been 8 years and still Sir Goren is a persona non grata on Aldamar-controlled areas.

Sir Goren attained nobility thru deeds done in the service of Valan. He has been enjoying his knightship for 3 years now. Secular rulers generally do not accept Valan's paladins as nobles since they have not attained knighthood in the service of their liege lords. Still, sir Goren's reputation is such that he is treated like a noble knight.

Sir Goren is a man of burning devotion and kind soul. He feels it is his duty to uphold the rights of the poor, weak and oppressed even if it puts him in grave danger or makes an unwanted person politically. His devotion is, however, handicapping his possibilities to raise his profile in the church of Valan, but he is still too young to understand that every bridge burned down only serve to isolate him eventually. Nevertheless, Ansium desperately need people like Sir Goren who sacrifice their time, health and money in righting the many wrongs the world is filled with.

### PIC ###

I didn't know what land/city to place Sir Goren. Suggestions?
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Love this one - instantly recognizable and has a good pose which will allow additions such as a shield etc.

He could anywhere where there are big castles and some of the bigger cities I would think.

Nicely done tho always like these posts.

EDIT -- I have just realized he's another character that can sit on a horse pretty well. Oh you should do a war horse with some light barding.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-25-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Another great job 12Rounds!

I love seeing some of the other deities 'come into play'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I think Sir Alberto Goren may go well in Steel General's area of the Thargellian Highlands, if you're interested in helping inspire that region a bit.

-IG

Interesting, IG. That was exactly what I was looking at from the Wiki as a place for the good paladin to live.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast