Thread: Hello there.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Hi Syt, and welcome.

I'm a new member myself. I like your map, although I have to say I'm one of those old fashioned cartographers. I prefer to use good old fashioned pen and paper, but I wish you all the best in creating your world.

Actually, am I a part of a dying breed? How many people here draw their maps without the use of a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by emotaku View Post
    Hi Syt, and welcome.

I'm a new member myself. I like your map, although I have to say I'm one of those old fashioned cartographers. I prefer to use good old fashioned pen and paper, but I wish you all the best in creating your world.

Actually, am I a part of a dying breed? How many people here draw their maps without the use of a computer?
    Welcome to the guild, Syt, good to have you with us. I'm not particularly familiar with CC3, but I do like the look you've put together in that map. It might be worth your while to browse Ascensions tutorial on making Antique maps in Photoshop. I assume the technical aspects will be relatively useless, but the tutorial map has a very similar look, so you may find something that you'd like to try to emulate for your map.

emotaku, I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised if you take a look at some of the work being done on these boards. Many of our most impressive map-makers incorporate many hand-drawn elements into their maps. I'll grant you that some forgo the traditional pen and paper approach, preferring instead to use tools like tablets, but I don't think the breed is dying.
    "Unless I'm allowed to carry around a gun to shoot their giant killer-spiders, Australia needs to stay the hell away from me. Also Australians, who if they have lived this long are obviously agents of the spiders and not to be trusted."