Thread: Terrainmonkey's Map-A-Day thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map

you've got to love doodles. this started out as a quick sketch idea after telling my players about a blue dragon in the Arid Desert to the south. i am planning on livening it up, so this is just a work in progress. maybe i'll show it off in the next day or so after i have had time to work on it. also, i'm still transfering my Fortress of the Ghoul Lord adventure maps to corel, so they should be up in the next few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Map

here's the beginning of the Fortress of the Ghoul Lord. This is a set of caves that can only be entered through a pit (the chamber in the center of the map). all of the elevations are based off of the base elevation of the pit, which is 60' deep. There is a fortress above the pit, with a large orc encampment serving as the protectors of the pit. it is a stockade wood fort, ruled by a large ogre barbarian warrior named Throg. the fort has several barracks, armories, smithys, and other shops that form a small village/town outpost for most of the humanoid population around the middle of the Ore Hills from the campaign map above. I'll draw out the stockade fort later on and maybe post it tomorrow or friday.

The two cavern passages that lead off the map go to a large chamber with an underground lake stream area that also houses more shops, huts, and tent merchants. there is even a half orc druid that tends a garden of lichen, mushrooms, and other underground fauna. This area is called Downtown by the residents of Throg's Pit. i'll have that up tomorrow or the next day as well. anyway, enjoy!

the scale on this map is left to individuals who want to change it. i was goingin with the 1 square equals 10 feet standard, and if you can't see the squares, it's 1 inch to 40'.

Map

because i had to....

i've been looking through some stuff i found on the web and decided to try out an idea.

this is a tomb, crypt, cavern system with scatter fills. just throwing ideas around and when i get on an idea, i have to go to it. the second cave system is finished in the raw, i just have to scan it and color it up. that will post tomorrow probably.

oh, by the way... 1600+ views? wow, i'm touched...

I really, really like that scatter fill!! Do tell how you did it!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]