Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Batikshal Empire

@jfrazierjr : it's partly intentional. I like the drawn-like style due to a the line width variation. But, I did the mistake to do the coastline without the rivers at first, hence the noticeable difference at the rivers's mouths...

@Kacey & Thomrey : thanks. I'm reworking the colors, though. I used more layers and one is for an additional shading with the colors. What do you think?

Also, I'm wondering about the additional illustrations on the other countries... People/characters/animals of the different principalities/provinces, or heraldry?
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Empire Batikshal.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    @jfrazierjr : it's partly intentional. I like the drawn-like style due to a the line width variation. But, I did the mistake to do the coastline without the rivers at first, hence the noticeable difference at the rivers's mouths...

@Kacey & Thomrey : thanks. I'm reworking the colors, though. I used more layers and one is for an additional shading with the colors. What do you think?

Also, I'm wondering about the additional illustrations on the other countries... People/characters/animals of the different principalities/provinces, or heraldry?
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Empire Batikshal.jpeg
    I think the heraldry you had had since the beginning is the best option. I am looking for forward to seeing the colors getting filled in.

I would like to see the forests toned down just a little bit(but I am kind of wishy-washy on this point though and can't really make up my mind!).

as for the line work.. it was an annoyance, but the more I look at the map and all of the features in aggregate, while it still bugs me some it's less distracting knowing it's entirely reasonable for someone to have just drawn it sloppily "in character".
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice! How long has it taken you in total to do this map?

By jfrazierjr
    I think the heraldry you had had since the beginning is the best option. I am looking for forward to seeing the colors getting filled in.
    I would like to see the forests toned down just a little bit(but I am kind of wishy-washy on this point though and can't really make up my mind!).
    Thanks! Well, I won't do much more drawings, indeed. I've done almost all the colors on the first layer... I still have to do the second layer which also serve as an additional shading, so I'm not sure it's gonna be so washed in the end.

By Bjorn Schievers
    Nice! How long has it taken you in total to do this map?
    Thanks! I don't exactly know how much time I spended to do it (and it's not finished by the way). Maybe between 35 and 45 hours.

I also change the color for mountains.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Empire Batikshal.jpeg

I'm mostly done with colors and second (colored) shading.

I'm just not so sure about the buildings (my "reddish" tests are in the circles).Thoughts?
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Empire Batikshal.jpeg

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Looks amazing! Maybe paint the walls for the buildings a bit brighter or even white(-ish)? To get a little more contrast between them and their roofs. But they're fine as they are. I don't think anyone would complain about the color of the buildings.

A tiny bit more colour overall?

No?

If not, its lovely as it is, and I think the buildings you've done are right for the rest of the map, coloured just as it is

Guild Expert

I love the map, but since you asked I think the red looks pink, at least on my monitor. I don't mind the colour I just think it could be better. I think if you keep the walls of the buildings like this, and changed the colour of the roofs or vice versa it would look good. Right now the roof, and wall colours are too similar in my opinion, but like the others I still think it looks alright. If it were me I would tone down the pink on the walls, and make the roofs green, or make the walls more whiteish grey, and make the roofs more red, and less pink...

I think it's kind of funny that the nicest maps get the most nit picks

The more I look at it the more I like it. How much would this map have cost as a commission, on average?

Thanks for your views, guys!

So, I decided to suppress the color part of the walls, which makes the roofs pop more, I think.
    Here's the result on the same part :
    closeup roofs.jpg

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast