But then doubt grows
    And workflow slows
    Because she can't let it go.

LOL!

I can see you've got your 'writing head' on, D

Thanks!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Any time, Mousie.

Good to see that so many are trying their hands on this, and I sympathize with the struggle. This is pretty hard! I'm working on it myself, but haven't shared on the website. Currently at around 15 000 words, so slightly behind the preferred amount at the 10th day. Going to be hard to catch up!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Cheers,
    Karl

Good luck Tainotim

I think you are actually one of the leaders in our little group! The only one who's way ahead is Joel's lass (A_Girl_Has_No_Name). She's already over 27,000

I am bad and didn't notice there was a NaNoWriMo thread.

To answer the OP question - I have participated many times. I have never made it to 50,000 words.

This year I opted to write an anthology of short stories. I've already finished a couple. I don't expect to make it to 50,000 but I already feel more satisfied with my progress. And I seem to be a better short story writer anyway.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I don't think there is a special NaNoWriMo thread normally.

What a brilliant idea - doing a series of short stories! Good luck with the total.

I've begun to realise that I have a perfectionist streak when it comes to writing, and I just can't seem to dash on ahead without editing everything I've already written at least once. So I'm kind of failing miserably because although I'm probably writing about 2000 words a day, most of it is re-writing what I wrote the day before! LOL!

Its done one good thing for me, though. Its got me started again, after many months of doing nothing at all

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I went over 10K today. I expect to do another 3-4K over the weekend.

Mouse: What I did this week was edit what I wrote last weekend. My commute is so long that by the time I get home I'm pretty brain-blasted and in no mood to write new words, but I'm still keyed up from work, so I'm able to focus on cleaning up the previous week's haul. It helps that I have three full days to write each week since I don't work Fridays. It's worked so far; let's see what the rest of the month brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I went over 10K today. I expect to do another 3-4K over the weekend.

Mouse: What I did this week was edit what I wrote last weekend. My commute is so long that by the time I get home I'm pretty brain-blasted and in no mood to write new words, but I'm still keyed up from work, so I'm able to focus on cleaning up the previous week's haul. It helps that I have three full days to write each week since I don't work Fridays. It's worked so far; let's see what the rest of the month brings.
    You're Robinson Crusoe and I claim my five pounds. You know, the bloke who had all of his work done by Friday

I haven't done any writing for a week. I was pressuring myself into sitting down and getting on with it but it was making me anxious so I 'released' myself from the burden and I'm feeling a lot better for it. Also I can see through the oven door again after giving it a proper good cleaning NaNoWriMo has its benefits but I don't think I'm going to reach 50k words in a month, it's just not my way.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast