Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Building

Blog Entries

I'd go for 6 I suppose, although my vote should carry little weight as like I say, never played these things.

Put me down for helping with the mapping too. And maybe proof reading.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I kind of agree with IG - I love the idea of the puzzle of maps but maybe we can take that on in our second installment.

To be honest, I hope this all works out well and I hope it brings some money into the site which will help cover the cost. I would hate to loose this place, it's my favorite place on the net and has been for over a year now.

btw - we really do need a subforum don't we? Every time I see "option 1 - 6" I have to page back to page 12 I think it is, where those are explained.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-18-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Puzzle maps are too complicated and becomes a separate game to RPGs, so, I'd agree with IG on not using maps as a secret code - I'm not an RPG puzzle fan anyway, I prefer action to puzzles.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll start working on some outlines of a story idea for the top options as they stand now. I should have something by tomorrow morning.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Agree with Jax, for managing the process and uploading docs and stuff efficiently, we would need a seperate subforum I think. Then again, forum-tools are not very good for managing these kind of projects. Maybe someone maybe has some wiki-like thing we could use to upload and review stuff. I think there's many free wiki-sites, or maybe the CG site host already supports this? cheers, DJ

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

woah... one is without a web connect for a day and suddenly the thread is 40 posts longer *lol* ... great though
    I'm with the general concensus on 4 ... and look forward to seing what jtougas comes up with
    and great idea with a map for the cover - thinking perhaps some collage with a caravan superimposed... of course I can't do that ...
    I've asked Arcana to make a subforum for us, but I think that Djespek brings up a valid point - perhaps a wiki-type page would be more fitting. I don't know if the guild system supports wikis as well ... if not a free site outthere, or perhaps google docs or some such?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I will provide editing, from proof-reading up to discussion of how to improve organization/presentation and specific ideas, as time may allow. I can also provide some assistance with some game system specifics, but I think the idea is to get an adventure written first, then worry about seeing how many systems it can be translated into. Also, I can throw in some ideas, but I doubt that I'll have the time to work them into detail.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    I'll start working on some outlines of a story idea for the top options as they stand now. I should have something by tomorrow morning.
    Just checking in to see how this is coming along... need anything?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Just checking in to see how this is coming along... need anything?
    Sorry for the delay RL got me. (my daughter has been sick) I was thinking that we could use the following (or some version of it) as the "Adventure Background" I'm leaving it generic as far as locations go unless we decide to put this somewhere specific. I know it isn't much but I am working on it as time allows

Option 4: An important (magic) item was stolen and stashed among the goods in the caravan. The PCs are hired to intercept the caravan and discreetly get it back before it falls into the wrong hands.

Thandon Delan couldn't quite belive he had done it. It was his first succsessful theft as a member of the guild and what a theft it was. The "Cup Of Kings" was a valuble almost sacred item to the royalty of the kingdom, and to think it was left just lying about in a room in the castle that wasn't even guarded. The trust the king had for his people was legendary if not in this case misplaced. Delan knew what he was supposed to do next. The city was a hub of trading activity. Caravans entered and exited the city almost constantly. These caravans carried all sorts of goods ranging from the mundane to the exotic. He was to hide the cup on a specific caravan that would be leaving the city tonight headed for a destination where the new owner of the cup was waiting. All the details had been handled. The caravan had been carefully chosen for it's route as well as it's personell make-up. The owner of the caravan would have no idea that he was transporting an item dear to the heart of the king. This caravan also carried no guards which was important even though the guild had bribed the senior guard at the Maingate, caravans without guards weren't usually searched. The guild had planned for every eventuality. and Thandon Delan would be paid handsomely for his task…..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast