Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Loooong writing weekend brought me to exactly 30000 words as I set the last full stop
    Hey ! Congrats on finishing your story !

After all, it's the point in this Nanowrimo, isn’t it ?
    I think it doesn’t matter if your story is shorter than 50'000 words, if it’s a good one !

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Hey ! Congrats on finishing your story !

After all, it's the point in this Nanowrimo, isn’t it ?
    I think it doesn’t matter if your story is shorter than 50'000 words, if it’s a good one !
    oh, my bad... I meant for the weekend LOL ... I thought of felt that ending at exactly 30000 was a sign that I could stop for the day/evening... I'm at it again in a few minutes ... but thanks - and congrats on the wife, she has worked fast ):
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Sorry I didn’t catch your phrase !

30’000 in a weekend ???? Wow ! That’s inspiration !

Very good job ! Congratulations are really in order !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Sorry I didn’t catch your phrase !

30’000 in a weekend ???? Wow ! That’s inspiration !

Very good job ! Congratulations are really in order !
    LOL... unfortunately no, I had 16000 down before the weekend, so waaaayyyy behind... but I caught up nicely I think... I'm at 35000 now... so 5000 a day the last 3 days and I'm there .. wife's birthday today though, so I don't think I'm going to get a full 5k today
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

YEAY... 50000 words
    regs tilt

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I was just looking at the counts about an hour ago, and saw that you had less than a thousand left to get there.

Diamond is nearly at 40,000, which is nothing to sniff at - not when I never even got as far as 10,000

So there are now three of you winners

When do you think you will be publishing your novel?

Blog Entries

Thanks Mouse ... first I gotta sleep a lot ... then I have to actually finish and not just pass 50k, cause it still needs a few extra chapters I think. Then editing and getting someone who actually is a native english speaker to edit it after that. Then it might be ripe for reading BUT, damn it feels good to make NaNoWriMo
    regs tilt

Well, if your comments here at the Guild are anything to go by, your English is probably better than mine

Well, I didn't quite hit the 60,000 words I was going for, but at 59,805 words, I came close. It was my most productive NaNoWriMo yet, and I was always on a winning pace. I still need to finish a fair amount of writing, as sixty thousand words turned out to be an optimistic guess as to when it would wind up. I am thinking I'll end up in the 65-70,000 word range. Also, I realized that I messed up a short scene that I need to rewrite to cover the correct event being foretold. Then, I need to move the reveal for the information I incorrectly used to another place, since I still need to have the heroes forewarned. But I know generally what needs to happen, so there will be no problem wrapping it up in December while not eating up too much time for me to work on other projects and fulfill my holiday obligations.

To my fellow winners, congratulations! To those who tried and got something written without making the 50,000 word mark, condolences and congratulations. To those who fell short and those who did not participate, I remind you: There's always next year!

Blog Entries

Congrats rdanhenry, - almost 60000 - cool
    regs tilt

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast