Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laelith - isometric ... kind of WIP

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Dang, man. Just... dang. I want to show this map to everyone I know and say "Look! LOOK! This is the kind of awesomeness we all strive for and seldom achieve!"

I don't know what to say, this map is really spectacular and great. The style of it is just totally engrossing.

Unbelievable work. I think only Akae can know how much work one have to put in such city giant. I don't think i will ever find it in me to even try something like that.
    Spectacular Dain !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Adept

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Unbelievable work. I think only Akae can know how much work one have to put in such city giant. I don't think i will ever find it in me to even try something like that.
    Spectacular Dain !
    Haha! It's dangerous for you mind to count the time on this kind of work! And if you check your invoice and after you understand how many hours you work on... you cry a lot! (for example the map of "La Cité Franche" it's more than 170 hours ^^)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

That is one awesome map Dain. And yes, I definitely feel colour would make it even more crazy awesome!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

This is freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!

This is just too big, too greatly detailed, and so full of awesomeness! It's completely getting this great city of Laelith at a higher level (so to speak)!
    Don't know what to say to help... this is already and by far more finished and better than a map I could dream of.

This is stunning. I'm DYING to see some colour.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Holy cow, Fred!!! That is crazy awesome.
    [...] Man, that is an epic, gorgeous piece of work, my friend. This might well be my choice for next years Atlas city map.
    Thank's mate. Needless to repeat myself regarding how much you're an inspiration for me and how much I value your opinion.
    You're giving me quite a kick to go for more.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Héhé ... I just shared BBE's link on twitter with the Guild's account. Fantastique boulot encore une fois ! And it's a pleasure to be able to look at your wonderful lines once again. The layout makes me think about Steffen Brand's Travar map. It's amazing ! As John said, it'll take some times to look at it closely and get you useful feedback. Glad to see your gems back at the Guild
    EDIT : I'd love to know what the name of the font is. I remember seing it in LeGrumph's games like "Mantel d'Acier".
    Thanks for the kind words. Seriously, Steffen Brand? He's a killer, in God mode. Considering his talent, I'll keep that as a compliment
    The font used is called "Warhorse BB". The font is coming from Blambot.com. I didn't know LG used it for Mantel D'acier. He did however used it for the rpg I love the most, for which I will bring some personnal stuff ... Bloodlust !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Hi ! What a work !
    And now you're doing it with colors ? That's dedication ! I can't wait to see it !
    As a matter of fact, I'm old enough to remember the Casus Belli magazine in 86 (more or less... it's a long time ago).
    I do remember (and correct me if I'm wrong) that there was a RPG with that name "Laelith", wasn't it ? Anyway, I remember well the magazine and the "one shot" adventures offered, sometimes with it's own game system.... Good memories !
    The city of Laelith was described in a special issue, running on 108 pages. The new release will be around 400 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I was surprised to discover your location (IRL) ...
    I hope everything's fine for you in your area and I hope to have news from you soon !
    Oops, I actually need to update that. As a matter of fact, we travel a lot.
    We're back in France at the moment. For now, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Akae View Post
    This map is crazy! really big big work! I love <3
    Vraiment super travail Fred, sacré taf de fou. Y a vraiment une minutie et un travail de dingue. Bravo
    Thank's mate. I took a while to do it indeed. Now, it's time to make it shine in colour !

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    This map is simply stunning. My jaw literally dropped when the screen opened and I saw all of the details in the map.
    I have a question if you wouldn't mind curing my curiosity, How long did this take to complete?
    Thanks. Don't forget to take back your jaw, hey !
    Drawing this map took quite a while. +200 hours, to speak the truth. Not necesseraly on the drawing process however. It took a while to try different view angles, styles, rendering and so on.
    If I were to do it again, it'll take certainly half that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    This is a fantastic map, Dain! As always, your work is remarkable
    If I were to offer any comment it would only be that the linework seems rather heavy. Or perhaps it is the dark grey of the rooftops.
    The overall effect is quite dark, I think, but adding colour will perhaps let you drop the opacity of the lines to lighten the whole image.
    Wingshaw
    The map isn't without faults indeed.
    For the rendering, this is actually the will of the company.
    But I aggree I could tweak things here and there. I will try to arange things with the colour ^â
    Last edited by Dain; 02-20-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. Seriously, Steffen Brand? He's a killer, in God mode. Considering his talent, I'll keep that as a compliment
    The font used is called "Warhorse BB". The font is coming from Blambot.com. I didn't know LG used it for Mantel D'acier. He did however used it for the rpg I love the most, from which I will bring some personnal stuff ... Bloodlust !
    Ta carte de Tanaephis ... J'en rêve parfois

Guild Journeyer

EPIC! As usual, for Dain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast